Tuesday, January 24, 2012

“I Am From” Poem

I am from…..

I am from a sink
From remotes and  showers  
I am from the welcoming, loving environment
that continuously smells like some sort of delicious food cooking
I am from the bright, unique batch of lilies
The dandelions
whose long gone limbs I remember
as if they were my own.


I’m from traditional holiday dinners and outgoingness
from my mother and father
I’m from obnoxious laughs and Sunday football
and from extreme St.Louis Cardinal fans.


I’m from lovingness and  excessive cuddling
and “itsy bitsy spiders went up the water spouts”
I’m from Maryville, IL and Anderson Hospital
spaghetti and pizza.
From a brother, who was originally my cousin
then we adopted him at the age of nine.
family rings given to each girl in the house at the age of sixteen around my finger.



Taylor Nash                                                              1/24/2012

1 comment: